- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated on a microplane
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 scallion, white and green parts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Make a series of 1/8-inch slices along each potato, slicing 2/3 of the way through.
- Stir together the butter, oil, thyme, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the potatoes all over with the mixture, getting in between the slices.
- Place on the baking sheet and roast until the center of the potatoes are tender and the outside is crisp, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Halfway through the roasting time, remove the potatoes from the oven and run a fork gently across the tops of the potatoes, using light pressure, to fan the slices and separate them from one another.
- Meanwhile, stir the yogurt and scallions with a pinch salt and a pinch pepper.
- Serve the sauce with the potatoes.
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens